A summer of diversity in E-fiction

My own response to the Great Debate 2009 regarding post-colonialism, cultural appropriation, sexism, racism, etc. in Science Fiction and Fantasy is this:

Let’s stop wanking, and do something constructive.

I run a small ezine, and a large website/newsletter for writers, as well as a pretty big message board. I will commit my energy and resources to spotlighting fiction about and from the “Other” all summer.

Join me?

7 Responses

1. Greg London
    Greg London January 22, 2009 at 6:51 pm |

Mac!

I run a small ezine

When’s the next issue of Coyote Wild coming out?

2. Birdlee
    Birdlee February 24, 2009 at 9:16 am |

To Mac,
    I’m curious about your voracious reading of backs of toothpaste tubes.
    What, do you find, is your most interesting brand of toothpaste so far?
    Curious,
    Ruth

3. Penny Manning
    Penny Manning April 16, 2009 at 1:14 am |

Now, MacAllister, if you keep putting up gorgeous pics, how can I possibly control my right click finger? They make me long for valleys and hills and grass galore and baby bunnies shooting across the field between long blades of grass… Urrgh! City life is such a chore…. Nice site.

Did I miss the Follower’s button? That’s okay, I’ll just bookmark ya. BTW, did you love all my ‘ands’ in that sentence? Heehee. Penny Manning

4. Mac
    Mac April 16, 2009 at 8:49 pm |

Greg,

We’re on indefinite hiatus. 🙂 I imagine we’ll be putting another issue out when I’m no longer unemployed and can buy stories again. *g*

Birdlee, Tom’s of Maine, definitely.

Penny, I honestly thought I’d never use my cell phone camera – but to my surprise, I love the post-to-my-blog feature, and have a hugely good time with it.

5. Birdlee
    Birdlee April 18, 2009 at 3:21 pm |

Ah! Tom’s of Maine! Good choice!
    What types of literature are you planning on posting on your ezine?
    How is that going to work?

6. Eric Summers
    Eric Summers April 20, 2009 at 7:01 pm |

Hi,
    This is most likely the completely wrong place for this, but I’ve been trying to get set up on AbsoluteWrite. I never received a confirmation email, so my account can’t be activated. Any help would be much appreciated. My username is Easyrider, and the confirmation should have gone to summerseric@bellsouth.net.

Thanks!
    Eric Summers

7. Anonymous
    Anonymous June 15, 2009 at 2:54 am |

Since you gave us absolute write and the writer I’m partnered with and I met at absolute write, I thought you might be interested in what happens when your site brings writers together.

Collaborative efforts and character. Hope you enjpoy, please remember it wouldn’t have happened without AW.
    Thank you.

Jerry B. Flory and C.H Valentino.

Comments are closed.